Combine hydrates to lose weight
There can be many reasons why you cannot lose weight. Eating “unsupported” foods are one of them. In this article, we will tell you how combining hydrates serves to lose weight and what other associations are beneficial or harmful in your goal.
Combinations with hydrates: which ones and which do not
Digestion of each type of food requires more or less secretion of gastric juices. For example, if we eat meat with rice, the amino acids of the first must be digested. However, in the same process, the hydrates of the second are degraded.
Thus, the bloodstream receives them as glucose (as if we had ingested several tablespoons of sugar).
In dissociated diets, one of the premises is not to combine hydrates with proteins in the same food.
- The enzyme pepsin, which is responsible for degrading and metabolizing protein foods, needs an alkaline medium.
- If we add carbohydrates to the stomach, the gastric juices neutralize and disrupt the digestion process. These acids inactivate the enzyme responsible for degrading hydrates.
Therefore, in this example, it would be convenient to change the rice for a plate of cooked vegetables.
White meats (chicken and fish) can be mixed with carbohydrates such as potatoes, pasta or rice.
Another association that is not good for your body is that which includes carbohydrates and citrus.
- It is not convenient to combine the starches with the acids since the enzyme ptyalin (is in saliva) digests the hydrates better in an alkaline environment.
- Adding citrus, tomatoes or vinegar inhibits the first stage of digestion (by chewing) and this becomes a feeling of heaviness or stomach swelling.
You may also like to read: 8 Myths About Metabolism You Must Stop Believing
Combine Foods to Lose Weight
Eating a balanced diet is critical to losing weight and being healthier. Learning how to combine food can help us in our goal.
- Vegetables are considered “neutral” (except for exceptions like tomatoes) and can be combined with carbohydrates and proteins.
There are certain associations that allow you to lose weight and are good for your health, such as:
- Nuts, dairy, and eggs with cereals and legumes.
- In the salads, we can combine the vegetables with the oil, the wheat bread, and the yolk.
- Fresh cheese and whole wheat bread work wonders together.
The Best Weight Loss Food Associations
Beyond being able to lose weight, it is essential to choose those combinations that do not slow or complicate the digestive process.
In order to enjoy a nice table and not feel heavy, gas or moody, we recommend these “blends”:
Hardboiled egg and lettuce
Although many believe that it is an enemy of diets because of their fat and cholesterol content, the fact is that consuming up to 2 a week (always cooked) serves to satiate the appetite and incorporate many nutrients.
The eggs allow absorbing the carotenoids of the vegetables (those that contribute their color), especially in the ones of a leaf. Together with the lettuce will be great allies to lose weight.
Ginger and tuna
The citrus and strong taste of ginger root have its effects on the stomach, as it speeds up the gastric emptying while decreasing the feeling of heaviness.
Also, its components block the development of certain enzymes causing the swelling.
For its part tuna is one of the healthiest blue fish and protects us from the storage of fat in the abdomen.
Avocado and spinach
Eating raw spinach in salad satisfies our appetites and does not give us too many calories.
On the other hand, avocado is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids which improve cholesterol levels, prevent hunger and relieve abdominal inflammation.
Chicken with Cayenne Pepper
The next times you cook chicken at home do not hesitate to season it with cayenne pepper.
- White meat allows us to be satiated for longer and does not give us as many calories as red.
- If we pepper it we accelerate the process of burning fats due to one of its main compounds, capsaicin, which also suppresses appetite.
Potatoes with pepper
This is another excellent combination of food that is worth noting. Although we believe that potatoes are not good for diets, the key is in quantities and in cooking.
- It is not the same to consume a potato boiled or baked a week that 10 servings of potato chips per month.
- Being very satiating can be perfect for a lunch and always seasoned with pepper that prevents the accumulation of abdominal fat.
Bad food combinations
If you want to lose weight or you usually have digestion problems, we advise you not to mix these foods:
Proteins and citrus fruits
As we have already indicated, acidic fruits inhibit the production of the enzyme ptyalin and, in addition, stop the flow of gastric juices.
When we eat protein we need the entire digestive system to be fully functioning.
Proteins and fats
Fat reduces the production of pepsin and hydrochloric acid (responsible for digesting proteins).
Starch and sugar
Fruits honey or syrup should not be consumed in conjunction with starch.
While this rule rules out most baked goods, it is essential to reduce or eliminate them from the diet if we want to lose weight.
The sugars are digested faster and the starches are “alone” fermenting in the stomach. The result is swelling and gas.
You may also like this blog Depression Remedy