How to Remove Tartar from Your Teeth Naturally
Having yellow teeth can be due to many reasons. Tartar, for example, is the accumulation of food and waste in the “boundary” between the gums and the back of the teeth that are rough. In this article, we tell you how to eliminate it naturally.
What to know about tartar
These spots or scabs that accumulate behind the teeth are formed by food and mineral salts of saliva. The rough surface of the pieces becomes the perfect habitat for these particles and debris. In this way, a cycle of formation and accumulation of tartar is repeated.
It is easy to notice its presence since it is yellow and of rough appearance to the touch. It is good to know that, beyond an aesthetic problem; tartar interacts with certain foods, releases acid and produces cavities.
You May Also Like: Sookiesookieboutique.com
- Consumption of coffee, soft drinks or tea as well as smoking or drinking alcohol cause stains on the teeth and encourage the occurrence of tartar.
- The same thing happens when we do not brush properly.
- A third reason is a genetic predisposition.
Home Remedies for Teeth Tartar
The most effective technique for eliminating chronic gallstones is to visit the dentist to perform a thorough cleaning.
You may also like to read: 4 habits to prevent heart disease
If there is not too much accumulation or we should wait until the consultation with the professional, we can take advantage of the benefits of certain home remedies:
Many people use it as natural toothpaste and it is an old home recipe to keep teeth clean and white. If you have never tried it we advise you to mix it with water, as it can be quite salty or unpleasant taste.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 g)
- Place baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Wet the toothbrush with warm water.
- Soak the bristles in the baking soda and salt mixture.
- Brush as you do every day, but paying more attention to areas with tartar.
- Repeat at least 2 times a day (morning and evening).
It is another of the teeth whitening par excellence. Be careful and use it only at night, because contact with the sun can cause more stains.
The lemon acid, in turn, could damage or weaken dental pieces; therefore, you should use this recipe at most once a week.
- The juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup warm water (125 ml)
- Heat the water and squeeze the lemon.
- Place the water and juice in a glass or cup and stir.
- Swish all over your mouth before going to bed.
- Rinse with a little lukewarm water so that you do not have the sour taste.
Thirdly we have this element that cannot be missing in any house and that serves to clear teeth and eliminate tartar.
You can use this home remedy up to three times a week, always as a rinse, after normal brushing.
- ¼ cup warm water (62 ml)
- 2 tablespoons hydrogen peroxide (20 ml)
- Place warm water in a glass and add hydrogen peroxide.
- Stir well and rinse mouth for 1 minute.
- Spit and clean with fresh water.
They are ideal for removing accumulated dirt from the teeth. And it’s a very simple technique!
- You only need a handful of sesame seeds, which you will chew for two minutes.
- Do not swallow them after that time.
- Then use the dry brush and rub it on all the dental pieces.
- To finish rinse with a good amount of water.
This aromatic herb that is used in hundreds of cymbals has the ability to detach the tartar that has accumulated behind the teeth.
- 1 handful of parsley leaves (20 g)
- 1 tablespoon water (10 ml)
- Wash and chop the parsley leaves well.
- Mix with water to form a paste.
- Put it on your teeth and let it act for a few minutes.
- Rinse with enough warm water.
Fruits to remove tartar from your teeth
Some of them have the ability to whiten our teeth and eliminate tartar adhered long ago.
In order for this method to work, you must consume them raw and bite them (do not cut them with a knife).
Apple, melon and strawberry are three perfect ways to have healthy gums, prevent accumulation of food and prevent bleeding that occurs with brushing.
The first one you should eat it with peel. They are an excellent cleanser (especially after meals).
You can also make a “strawberry brushing” very simple.
- 2 strawberries
- Cut the strawberries into slices.
- Rub on the teeth for 7 minutes, without forgetting the back.
- Rinse with plenty of warm water.
- Repeat this procedure every day before bedtime.
- For their part, tomatoes act similarly to strawberries. Cut one into slices and rub it on the teeth. Let 5 minutes pass before consuming any food.
Another interesting recipe is to rub the inner part of the shell of certain fruits: orange and banana to be more precise. Do not throw them in the trash and use them to remove tartar from your teeth!